ADSM-L

Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes

2004-03-09 11:20:31
Subject: Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:19:44 -0700
OK... well, then I don't know what the discrepancy is. There could be some
problem in the code related to licensing; something is ringing a vague
bell in my head about nodes registered earlier that have since been
removed, but the license count was not decremented. But I can't say for
sure.

Talk to your sales rep. While 4.1 is no longer supported, the sales rep
might be able to engage support enough to at least answer the question.
Off the top of my head, I don't know/recall.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
03/09/2004 08:26
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM license audit  not equal number of nodes

I ran the AUDIT LICENSE command first, then I ran the QUERY LICENSE
command (and got the 108). I ran QUERY NODES and got 78.

The  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM NODES WHERE PLATFORM_NAME<>'(?)' command
returned 75. I have 3 nodes defined that have never contacted the server,
2 test definitions and 1 real brand new node, thus the difference of 3
there.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/09/2004
08:05:22 AM: