ADSM-L

Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes

2004-03-09 11:07:13
Subject: Re: TSM license audit not equal number of nodes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:06:48 -0500
>So, are you saying that if I had no new node related activity in 30 days,
>that these 2 numbers would eventually match and be accurate?

Nancy - I would like to believe that.  :-)

If memory serves me: as of a couple of years ago at least, the license
management was not done by TSM software, but by third-party software,
with TSM having only indirect control of it; so what we see may not be
exactly what we would like to see/need to see.

As you've no doubt seen in many postings about licenses, too much
surrounding it is like trying to read tea leaves... There isn't as
much computer science in this as we might expect.

  Richard Sims