ADSM-L

Re: ANR8351E

2003-11-01 07:54:38
Subject: Re: ANR8351E
From: alkina <alkina AT INDIATIMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:38:29 +0530
U can try this:

update devc sonydevc libr=sony4mm mountwait=0 to 9999 (value in min. suitable
to u by default it is 60 min. where sonydevc is assumed device class name and
sony4mm is the library name)

using the same command  update devc u can also chage the mountret parameter .

Regards

Alkina

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote:

I'm new to TSM, so this is probably simple.

I'm using TSM for Windows 5.2 on a Windows 2000 box, and I'm trying to
backup a local drive (D:) as a test. I'm deliberately using an old DAT
drive so I can see how TSM handles multiple tape backups and the reclaim
feature etc.

Unfortunately, tape 1 fills up in the middle of the night, and by the
time I arrive in the morning, the backup has failed because noone has
changed the tape quickly enough. The Event Log shows this error:-

ANR8351E: 006: Mount request for volume SCRTCH has timed out

once an hour for 4 hours.

I've tried editing the options file using a text editor and increasing
both RESOURCETIMEOUT and MOUNTWAIT, but neither option seems to have any
effect. Surely it's possible to get TSM to wait indefinitely until
someone changes a tape????????

Martin Walder