ADSM-L

Upgrading IBMTape and lmcpd drivers

2003-11-01 10:00:18
Subject: Upgrading IBMTape and lmcpd drivers
From: Farren Minns <farren.minns AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:42:52 +0000
Hi All TSMers

Running TSM 5.1.6.2 on a Solaris 2.7 server.

This coming week we are having our two 3590 tape drives (housed in an IBM
3494 library) upgraded from B1A to H1A format (SCSI attached). As such, I
know that some sort of upgrade has to be performed on the lib  as well as a
full upgrade of the two drives (I'm sure the IBM engineer will be fine with
that part).

However, I'm also going to upgrade the IBMTape and  lmcpd drivers to make
sure I'm fully up to date. My question is, how easy are these upgrades.
Once I have installed the latest version of these drivers, will there be
some other configuration (either on the OS of within TSM itself) necessary.

If anyone out there has done this recently and has any info on this, then
I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons