ADSM-L

how to move data in one MGMCLASS to diff tapepool?

2003-09-16 06:32:22
Subject: how to move data in one MGMCLASS to diff tapepool?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:33:41 -0400
Hello all,
        I have a situation where, until now, all data from my backups (not
Archives) would be expired within 60 days.  THisi would happen because of
the standard retention policy and monthly full backups.   I now have an area
that is very large and does NOT need full backups.  I would like to have
those file spaces which are the only ser a a particular MGMCLAss to actually
go to a different tape pool.  This different tape pool will have to go
through reclaimation where the other does not (after 60 days all data is
outdated because of full backups).   How can I move the data that is part of
this mgmclass to a different tape pool?  Just changing the destination pn
the MGMCLASS will not start a tape to tape process.
Matt