ADSM-L

Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals workshop in Amsterdam (NL)

2003-09-16 05:47:39
Subject: Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals workshop in Amsterdam (NL)
From: "Anthonijsz, Marcel M SITI-ITDGE13" <Marcel.Anthonijsz AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:30:23 +0200
To all [AD|T]SM'ers in the Netherlands,

Just to inform you that Zong Ling from the TSM Lab (I personally have never
heard of him) will give a 2-days TSM performance workshop in Amsterdam. I have
heard from IBM Education NL that they have not yet sufficient customers to give
this workshop, so I send this notification to "inform" you all...

I have enrolled for this course and of course want to attend it... 2
enrollments are needed... I'll buy cakes!

http://www-5.ibm.com/services/learning/nl/ta-iris.nsf/(ExtCourseNr)/TM59

Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals (TM59)

This course is designed to provide high-level, in-depth training on the
performance of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Enterprise Edition beyond the
TSM Administration and Implementation classes. You will develop the skills to
use TSM trace functions on identifying performance bottlenecks. You will learn
the recommended values for the more critical TSM performance tuning parameters.
You will also learn to configure the Storage Area Network (SAN) for TSM
performance and availability. You will be shown the performance benchmarks of
Tivoli Storage Manager and Tivoli Data Protection (TDP). You will be introduced
to the enhancements for TSM 5.1.0, 5.1.5, and 5.2.0. You will also be advised
to size TSM system for customized design. The concepts discussed in lecture
will be reinforced with the optional hands-on labs.

And no I don't work for IBM... (but I do have some IBM stock ;-)

Marcel Anthonijsz
Central Data Storage Manager (a.k.a. storman)
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

Tel: +31-70 303 4984
Email: Marcel.Anthonijsz AT shell DOT com
Internet: http://www.shell.com