ADSM-L

*Real* admin interface (Was: q vol f=g ??!?)

2003-08-22 09:36:34
Subject: *Real* admin interface (Was: q vol f=g ??!?)
From: "Thomas Rupp, Vorarlberger Illwerke AG" <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:35:38 +0200
Hello,

this "the old admin GUI is much better than the Web interface" subject
pops up now and then.
The poster of the first message always dreams of a Windows or Java GUI
that supports the latest TSM server (btw I'm dreaming too).
A few minutes later the list gets drowned by "me too" messages.

I think there was/is a SHARE requirement for a *real* admin interface
(can you filter your tape volumes with the web interface?).
I don't understand why Tivoli isn't listening to their customers.
Tivoli should start a survey on how many customers would like to have
such an animal and on what platform. Based on this results it should be
easy to provide a GUI for the platform users want.

So please Tivoli, LISTEN!

Ok, enough grumbling for today.
Have a nice weekend

Thomas Rupp