ADSM-L

Re: *Real* admin interface (Was: q vol f=g ??!?)

2003-08-26 12:52:07
Subject: Re: *Real* admin interface (Was: q vol f=g ??!?)
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:51:08 -0400
=> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:02:20 +0200, "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon
AT KLM DOT COM> said:

> Can you sort your dsmadmc output?

Yes.  Either with ORDER BY, or   '| sort -k2 -t,'

> Can you scroll up and down through your dsmadmc results?

Yes. My terminal has 1000 lines scrollback, but I can make more. :)

The key is, a GUI interface is always going to be limited to the functions
that Someone At IBM decided to instrument.

Increasingly, I share the opinion that the web GUI is enough for occasional
administrative actors, and no GUI will be adequate for the actual admins.

- Allen S. Rout
- UF TSM geek