ADSM-L

Special Filesystem Backup

2003-07-18 10:21:05
Subject: Special Filesystem Backup
From: Theresa Sarver <tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:18:26 -0400
Hi all;

I have a filesystem that requires only 1 copy of the data on tape.  This data
however, needs to be kept more/less forever.  FYI...The rest of the filesystems
in this PD/PS/MC have the retention of 5/1/30/60.

I tried setting up an archive copy group for just this filesystem, however,
that is backing up (archiving) the entire filesystem everyday - instead of only
new files.  Is there something that I can do to make it only archive new files?
 Or do I just need to setup a backup copygroup with the retention of 1/1/-/-
for this lone filesystem?  If so, is there any way around creating an entirely
new PD, PS, MC for this 1 filesystem?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Theresa