ADSM-L

Re: Error backuping Certificate Server Database on win2k client

2003-07-16 07:48:53
Subject: Re: Error backuping Certificate Server Database on win2k client
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:48:32 -0400
>W have a problem here, while trying to backup a win2k system (v
>5.00.2195 SP 3) using a TSM client version 5.1.5.15 : the backup
>consistently finishes with status "failed", and following message can be
>found in dsmerror.log :
>
>07/16/2003 00:50:49 ANS1183E An unknown error occurred while processing
>system object 'Certificate Server Database':
>   MS API function 'CertSrvBackupRead' failed with error 6 (0x00000006)

I wonder if that system's Certificate Server Database is intact and
viable?  It's suspicious that CertSrvBackupOpenFile obviously worked but
the subsequent CertSrvBackupRead failed, which would indicate a problem
with contents.  That would be worth checking out.  First, though, I would
proceed to apply SP 4 to that W2000 system, to fully bring it up to
current level, and try the backup again.

  Richard Sims, BU