ADSM-L

Re: Restore slows to a crawl

2003-07-07 17:42:06
Subject: Re: Restore slows to a crawl
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:41:36 -0600
I am guessing that this isn't a 5.1 or higher client, since RC 4 should
not result in a failure. For 5.1 and higher, return codes are in the
client manual chapter on "Automating tasks". For versions below 5.1,
return codes are not documented and you can not necessarily attach any
special meaning to them. You need to check the client schedule and error
logs to see what the problem is.

There was a bug in the 4.2.1.0 client that caused skipped files to result
in backup failures. 4.2.2 and up fix this problem.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
07/07/2003 13:18