ADSM-L

Re: help:sprectralogic library element

2003-06-24 02:55:20
Subject: Re: help:sprectralogic library element
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:54:47 -0700
This link shows the formula for the drive addresses when the Queued Unloads
option is set to OFF.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?rs=663&uid=swg21066478

You can also use lbtest to find out the address of the drives - lbtest -d
<libname>. Select 6 to open and 8 for element count. Option 9 inventory
should show you the element addresses of the drives.

Regards,

Hunny Kershaw
Internet Address: hunnychka AT us.ibm DOT com
Tivoli Storage Manager - Device Driver Development
Tel (408) 256-2828, T/L 276-2828

Quality Policy = "Commit to Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Continual
Improvement"

                       $BsUL@ (B
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  help:sprectralogic
library  element
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/23/2003 01:24
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi all,I have a sprctralogic 12k with two logical library,the library 1 I
want to manage it usr TSM,this library with only one SONY AIT-3 driver in
slot 2.But when I want to define this driver ,the element 646,647 and 80,81
all inavailable.What element I shoule choose?
Thanks.
 $B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Bliming700 AT 21cn DOT com