ADSM-L

Re: new TSM Client Pricing

2003-05-14 10:09:01
Subject: Re: new TSM Client Pricing
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:08:08 -0400
>What about virtual nodes? We run several Oracle instances on one
>physical box. Does each virtual node pay the price of its host? We
also
>have backups of larger UNIX boxes, but allow individual users to run
>their own TSM client on it for special cases. Aren't I going to be
>paying for the same physical machine twice?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.  You know longer pay per tsm **node**
but per **machine** that is backed up to tsm, regardless of how many
nodes run on that machine.

Gretchen, I would think that in your case you would have a pretty good
idea of what server machines you back up and that your open registration
would be almost exclusively for client class machines, i.e. single user
machines.

David Ehresman
University of Louisville