ADSM-L

Re: Exchange mailboxes- restore

2003-05-07 13:54:09
Subject: Re: Exchange mailboxes- restore
From: Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:53:43 -0600
Hi,

It applies to both versions of Exchange as far as I know.  We run 5.5, but I
know 2000 does NOT have the "brick-level" API capability either.  The next
version of Exchange (2003?) is *supposed* to have this ability.

In Exchange 2000, you can somewhat mitigate having to do mailbox restores if
you use the deleted mailbox retention option.  (Or called something very
similar)  This will allow you to recover a mailbox after it has been deleted
X number of days ago, based on this setting.  This does not totally
eliminate the need for brick-level restores of course, but it can cut them
down significantly.

Chris

>Hi,
>First of all thanx for a lot answers, I really appreaciate that. But u all
talking about Exchange 5.5 not >2000. Is there a difference, is there an
another
>opportunity to restore individual mailbox or it's the same? I really do
search on adsm but i found 3 answers only. So please forgive me. Regards,
Sebastian