ADSM-L

Re: ODP: Exchange mailboxes- restore

2003-05-07 13:55:30
Subject: Re: ODP: Exchange mailboxes- restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:56:43 -0400
Sebastian,

The story is the same for Exchange 2000.

Look here for the Microsoft doc:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/exchange2000/proddocs/articles/mrfme2ks/MRFME2KS.ASP

BTW, Microsoft is helping some with Exchange 2003.
They are introducing a "Recovery Storage Group"
that will allow you to restore an individual
mailbox "database" (not a single mailbox, just the
mailbox database) into a special storage group without
impacting the live server. You can then connect to
it and use ExMerge to export the individual mailbox.

Thanks,

Del

> Hi,
> First of all thanx for a lot answers, I really appreaciate that.
> But u all talking about Exchange 5.5 not 2000. Is there a difference, is
> there an another opportunity to restore individual mailbox or it's the
same?
> I really do search on adsm but i found 3 answers only. So please forgive
me.