ADSM-L

Re: GIGE NIC

2003-04-30 12:21:19
Subject: Re: GIGE NIC
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:21:19 -0500
This would be bad, but disable the 10/100 NIC, or do something silly like
bond them together (if your
equipment will allow it).

We have the same setup, on e 10/100 and one gig NIC interface.  The gig NIC
is the primary and has
the default IP address assigned to it.  The 10/100 I use as my
'administrative interface', it is even DHCP.
We are about to use it to go to an isolated 'back net' for some more secure
servers, so the IP and
networking there will be totally isolated.  (the gig NIC is on our internal
10.xx.xx.xx network, the new
backnet will probably be on a 174.xx.xx.xx [or is that 172, I forget]
private network just for this subset of
servers that must stay isolated.)