ADSM-L

Re: SCSI Library Bulk Port operation

2003-04-25 09:29:58
Subject: Re: SCSI Library Bulk Port operation
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:29:31 -0500
This is not normal, and is definitely not how my ATL P3000 and ATL P7000
libraries work. I can check out tapes all day and it fills the load port
slots one at a time in order just like it should. Then if the load port
is full because I made a mistake and forgot to take the tapes out, it
issues the correct error message.

Call Tivoli support; sounds like a device driver addressing problem.
They'll probably have you run some kind of trace which will pinpoint the
problem.

               Academic Computing & Communications Center