ADSM-L

Re: Problem with 2 NIC

2003-04-15 05:54:56
Subject: Re: Problem with 2 NIC
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT COMPUTACENTER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:54:34 +0200
Hello,

first you should verify your TCP/IP configuration at the OS level (DNS,
routing, etc.). Then look at the TCPSERVERADDRESS parameter in your
dsm.opt. This address should match with the OS level settings.

Because AFAIK the TSM parameter TCPCLIENTADDRESS (the one you were looking
for) is not used for the first contact with the TSM server but for all
succeeding transmissions.  From the TSM client manual:

"The tcpclientaddress option specifies a TCP/IP address if your client node
has more than one address, and you want the server to contact an address
other than the one that was used to make the first server contact. "

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
CC CompuNet AG & Co. oHG
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck AT computacenter DOT com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
15.04.2003 11:40:44