ADSM-L

SV: which tape drive labeled my tapes

2003-04-10 03:39:58
Subject: SV: which tape drive labeled my tapes
From: Kjell Svensson <TSM AT ETERRA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:39:29 +0200
Hi Henrik!
TSM uses all available drives in "roll mode" i.e. it always uses the one after
the last used one to ensure that all drives are worn to the same extent.
That means that if you labeled three tapes it used three different drives.
btw, why would you want to which drive labeled what? I fail to see the
importance of that information.

Kjell Svensson