ADSM-L

[no subject]

2003-04-03 07:52:50
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:52:08 +0200
Michelle,

Maybe I'm missing something, but according to the
manual a backupset only contains the active data of a node:

(From "help generate backupset")

The server creates copies of active versions of a client's backed up
objects
that are within the one or more file spaces specified with this command,
and
consolidates them onto sequential media.

(end quote)

So if you know how much data resides on the disks of your node
and you know the capacity of your tapes you should be
able to determine how many tapes you need.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen
Senior Systems Programmer