ADSM-L

Re: How to Backup MSDE databases?

2003-03-12 08:32:15
Subject: Re: How to Backup MSDE databases?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:18:16 -0500
Rajesh,

As documented in the 5.1.5 User's Guide and READMEs
Data Protection for SQL supports:

   -  Windows NT Server 4.0 SP4 or
      Windows 2000 SP1 (Server, Advanced Server or DataCenter Server)

   -  Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 SP3
      Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP1

You might be able to get it to work but
MSDE is not officially supported.

Here is a Microsoft web site that might be of interest:

   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b325003

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.

> How can we backup the MSDE databases on the Server? I tried using the TDP
for SQL but it gives me an
> error message:
> Received the following from the MS SQL server:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server] Backup or > Restore operation Terminated
Abnormally.Microsoft SQL-DMO(ODBC SQL State:4200)(HRESULT:0x80040bc5)