ADSM-L

Re: Windows ACL changes

2003-03-07 09:50:23
Subject: Re: Windows ACL changes
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:46:38 -0600
If you follow MS's AGLP (AGDLP for AD) rules you can limit this somewhat.
Assign users to Global Groups, add Global Groups to Local (DOMAIN Local in
AD) and only assign permissions to the local groups.  You create the
appropriate local groups (eg read access, write etc) and only assign
permissions once to these groups.  Any user changes are done through removal
of uses from the Global groups or GG from local groups which doesn't trigger
any ACL changes on the files so no extra backups are done.  As far as
initial security lockdown, this should be done at server setup.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg