ADSM-L

Old BACKUPSETs won't delete

2003-03-03 11:16:29
Subject: Old BACKUPSETs won't delete
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:13:12 -0600
TIA for the help! ... Jack

Back when these volumes were created I was on TSM server 4.1.3 on Windows
NT.
Now I am on 4.2.3.1 (windows 2000) and cannot get these volumes to delete so
I can use them as scratch.

I currently have no backupsets defined when I do a 'q backupset', but these
are still listed in my 'q volh'.

>From the lists archives, some un-documented features of 'delete volh'
command are found, so I tried:

        delete volhist TOD=today-nn vol=<volumename> TYPE=backupset
force=yes

This did not work for me either.  I recieved an error:

        ANR2404E DELETE VOLHISTORY: Volume 175acbl1 is not available.

but all these volumes are in my library, marked private.  Here is the
summary of the volhist for these volumes:

       Date/Time: 08/27/2002 10:33:53
     Volume Type: BACKUPSET
   Backup Series:
Backup Operation:
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: LTOCLASS1
     Volume Name: 175ACBL1
 Volume Location:
         Command: GENERATE BACKUPSET TSM tsm-bs  DEVCLASS=LTOCLASS1
RETENTION=7
                   SCRATCH=YES  WAIT=NO

       Date/Time: 09/16/2002 10:58:00
     Volume Type: BACKUPSET
   Backup Series:
Backup Operation:
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: LTOCLASS1
     Volume Name: 161ACBL1
 Volume Location:
         Command: generate backupset tsm full * devclass=ltoclass1 scr=yes
                   ret=30 descr="TSM Full" wait=n

       Date/Time: 09/20/2002 10:36:16
     Volume Type: BACKUPSET
   Backup Series:
Backup Operation:
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: LTOCLASS1
     Volume Name: 204ACBL1
 Volume Location:
         Command: generate backupset tsm full * dev=ltoclass1 ret=30