ADSM-L

Re: y+two dots

2003-02-20 04:05:06
Subject: Re: y+two dots
From: Anders Granhagen <anders.granhagen AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:49:22 +0100
Hi!

We have experienced the same thing at one of our costumers sites.

The files were, as in your case, mostly IE favorites and shortcuts.

When we took a closer look at them though, we found out that these files
that TSM were having problem backing up, were in fact 0 bytes large,
and corrupted.

Our solution was simply to let a Novell administrator force a delete on
these files.

Normal files with spaces in filenames etc. are being backup up without
problem.

Regards,

---------------------------------------
Anders Granhagen
Storage Consultant
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6b
183 62  Täby
Mobile: +46 70 - 399 27 55
Email: anders.granhagen AT exist DOT se
---------------------------------------

                      Torsten Strecke

                      <t.strecke AT LWL DOT OR        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      G>                       cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  y+two dots

                      Dist Stor

                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      .EDU>

                      2003-02-19 15:36

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

Hello everyone,

I ve got a question: My backups display error messages that TSM can t
process files or directories which include blanks (for example files in the
IExplore Favourites). The files or directories are represented as the
letter y+two dots.
The problem is related on Novell NetWare TSM-Clients.

Has anyone had the same problem and could you tell me a solution?

Thanks a lot,
T.Strecke