ADSM-L

TDP SQL server 2000 cluster

2003-01-16 10:17:18
Subject: TDP SQL server 2000 cluster
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:47:15 +0100
Hi,

My environment is:

TSM server 5.1.1.6
TSM BA client 5.1.1
TDP SQL 2.2

all running on Windows2000.

I've got to backup a SQL server 2000 running in a microsoft cluster.

I've installed the TDP on both physical nodes of the cluster (S300SQLN1 and
S300SQLN2). The virtual servers are S300SQL02 (runs default on S300SQLN1)  and
S300SQL03 (runs default on S300SQLN2).

On the physical node S300SQLN1, the dsm.opt of the TDP for SQL contains:

NODename          s300sql02
CLUSTERnode       yes
COMPRESSIon       Off
PASSWORDAccess    Generate

and the tdpsql.cfg configuration file contains:

SQLAUTHentication      INTegrated
SQLBUFFers      0
SQLBUFFERSIze      1024
SQLSERVer      S300SQL02

When I launch the TDP gui with the command:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql\tdpsql /sqlserver=s300sql02

the GUI opens, but when I try to expand the SQL server tree to select the
databases, I get the message:

'ACO5424E Could not connect to SQL server; SQL server returned: '

Also when I select in utilities, 'show MS SQL server information' I get

SQL Server name: Error
Version: 0.0

When I try to launch a full backup from the command line:

I find the following error in sqlsched.log:

ACO5424E Could not connect to SQL server; SQL server returned:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or
access denied.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 08001) (HRESULT:0x80040000)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here, it is obvious that there is an
authentification problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kurt