ADSM-L

Re: Calculate 1 MB in TSM

2003-01-12 17:41:20
Subject: Re: Calculate 1 MB in TSM
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:40:46 +0000
Seay, Paul wrote:

Yeah, Roman numeral "M" is a 40+ year practice that sales people used at the
wholesale and manufacturing levels as kind of a shorthand for 1000.  As they
have migrated to computers this has mostly gone away because the quantity
fields only supported "ea" items standing for "each".

In which country? I've never seen M used as a thousand. Only k (Lower case).

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |