ADSM-L

Re: TSM Scheduler shows backups completed successfully dsmerror.log shows backups failed ?

2002-12-29 22:01:34
Subject: Re: TSM Scheduler shows backups completed successfully dsmerror.log shows backups failed ?
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:58:46 -0600
On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 14:07, shekhar Dhotre wrote:
>  q eve * * shows all backups are completing successfully but  clients
> dsmerror.log  file shows  schedule command failed ,How I can verify that
> these backups are completing successfully other than restore test?
>
> 26-12-2002 20:45:08 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
> 26-12-2002 20:45:08 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'EMEAPROD_HOT_DAILY' failed.

Remember that the *schedule* itself completed successfully. You're far
better off looking for the message numbers that appear in the summaries
that appear in the server activity log at the end of a successsful
backup. (I'm not within reach of a TSM server tonight, so I can't look
them ATM.)

This is a much better indicator of successful backups than the event
list.