ADSM-L

AIX 4.3.3 (32 bit) -------> AIX 5.2 (64 bit) | TSM 5.1(32bit) -------> TSM 5.1 (64 bit)

2002-12-13 08:19:47
Subject: AIX 4.3.3 (32 bit) -------> AIX 5.2 (64 bit) | TSM 5.1(32bit) -------> TSM 5.1 (64 bit)
From: Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:51:20 +0530
-
Hi

I am going for upgradation of AIX on my TSM server and Production Server
in few weeks. Before that i like to hear from ppl who had done it already.

Environment:

OS : AIX 4.3.3 ML 10 ( 32 bit )
TSM : TSM 5.1.0.0 server ( 32 bit )

We are planning to upgrade AIX 4.3.3 (32 bit) to AIX 5.2 (64 bit). What are
the precaustions shuld i take? Can i restore the TSM db backup taken on
4.3.3 to 5.2?   If i want TSM 5.1 64 bit, how should i go about it?

Same time, we are upgrading AIX on Production server ( SAP R/3 ). TDP for
ESS for R/3 1.1.10.1 is running on Production ( Primary Server ) and TSM
Server (Backup Server). What are the issues involved in it?

Thanks

Regards

Raghu.