ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude

2002-11-07 07:52:23
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude
From: Henry Chin <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:33:23 -0500
Sascah,

Now that the directory and files are excluded from being backed
up. The next time that the backup runs. The TSM server will
think that the directory and file have been deleted from the
workstation. The directory and files that were backed up
earlier will be come an inactive version.
The inactive version will remain on the system for how ever
long. To determine how many days that a delete version will be
kept, need to look at the copygroup setting.
The "retain only version" controls how many days that the
directory and file will be kept after the directory and file
have been deleted from the work station.

I hope this some sense, if not I hope someone else can word it
better.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more