ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude

2002-11-07 09:01:13
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:02:12 +0100
Hi,

the files will be expired on the server later,
according to the management class used during last backup.

If this is an issue to delete the files from server sooner,
you can
 1) create a management class, let us name it TRASH_MC,
with short retention periods
 2) assign this management class to files concerned
 like:
        include.dir  c:\mydir TRASH_MC
        include.file c:\myfile.doc TRASH_MC
 3) perform incremental backup,
    this will rebind your files on the server
 4) do your planned stuff: change incl/excl, perform backup
 5) start expire on the server.

Alternatively,
use "dsmc expire" command.
Only the later will work for inactive files as well.

regards
Juraj, Gmunden, Austria