ADSM-L

Re: Oracle and TDP issues

2002-10-23 10:42:34
Subject: Re: Oracle and TDP issues
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:23:29 -0500
If all else fails --

I have several small Oracle databases (in the 10 to 15 GB size) and we just
shut them down for 40 minutes or so nightly and back up the filesystems.
Archive the file systems, that is. If you can afford the shutdown, and if
the backup/archive doesn't run too long, this may be acceptable.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc