ADSM-L

Re: Oracle and TDP issues

2002-10-22 11:32:20
Subject: Re: Oracle and TDP issues
From: Laura Buckley <buckley AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:32:25 -0600
Zoltan,

You can't Oracle using the TDP without RMAN.  There are many people who
write their own scripts to backup Oracle.  You can backup a tablespace
at a time, by puttting the tablespace in "backup mode" and then using a
SELECTIVE backup on the tablespace (which is a file.)  You could write a
script to do this, one tablespace at a time.  The biggest problem we
have encountered doing this, is that when a new tablespace is added to
the database, you must be sure to modify your backup script accordingly.

Laura Buckley
STORServer, Inc.
buckley AT storserver DOT com