ADSM-L

Re: Whats wrong with this EXCLUDE

2002-10-19 02:29:54
Subject: Re: Whats wrong with this EXCLUDE
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:29:09 -0500
Mark Stapleton wrote:

I have the following statement in my CLOPTSET:

EXCLUDE *:\...\documents and settings\...\usrclass.dat

10/17/2002 20:42:49 ANE4987E (Session: 1853, Node: UCC-PC84) Error
processing '\\ucc-pc84\c$\Documents and

Settings\kperdue.ADM.VCU.EDU\Local

Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat': the object is
in use by another process

Not really enough information here to give you a definitive answer.

Sure there is.

Instead of

       EXCLUDE *:\...\documents and settings\...\usrclass.dat

try

       EXCLUDE *:\...\usrclass.dat

I bet it's that nasty space-in-the-directory-name business.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE

Mark,

The two excludes are not equivalent!  Yours would exclude any file named
"usrclass.dat" regardless of drive or directory, where as the original
only wishes to exclude "usrclass.dat" if there is a "documents and
settings" subdirectory in the path to the file.  It may be suffucent for
his needs but its different.

The space in the directory name could be the problem if it is not
quoted.  However, I still maintain without seeing the full
include/exclude list there is not enough info.  Suppose there is an
"include *.dat" line that gets processed first, then the exclude is
irrelevent.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE