ADSM-L

restore database operation fail

2002-10-04 13:29:10
Subject: restore database operation fail
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:28:59 -0700
Hi list,

I am setting up a new TSM Server (4.2.1) in a new machine (Windows 2000
Server) with a IBM 3494 with two 3590 units (two SCSI interfaces). The
installation was successful and the new server is already connected with
the libraries.

I am trying to restore the backed up database from the original server
(4.1.0 / W2000) on it and upgrade it (db upgrade).

I have just installed this new server and created the db.dsm and the
log.db files using the following command:

...\server\dsmserv format 1 log.dsm 4096 1 db.dsm 36032

After successfully creating the new database and recovery log for the new
TSM Server I tried to restore the old database using the following:

dsmserv restore db volume=T00039 devclass=359CLASSM commit=YES

... then I received the messages below:

ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 4096 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 36032 megabytes.
ANR1437E No device configuration files could be used.

The devcnfg.out file exists and is placed at the \Program Files\tsm\server
.... so I don't know what is wrong. Can somebody give me a hand ?

Note: Just to inform you guys, my goal is to migrate the old TSM 4.1.0
server to a new machine running TSM 4.2 or 5.1 if possible. I am follownig
the steps from the Quick Start Guide .

Thanks.

Mario Behring
Tivoli Consultant