ADSM-L

Linux Backup

2002-08-22 02:58:00
Subject: Linux Backup
From: "Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:47:08 +0200
Hi TSMers,

> Yesterdays initial backup only backed up the "/usr" directory. This
> morning final backup backed up all file systems.  [Crawford, Lindy]
> Please could you assist me, the linux client - server is linux 6.5 and
> using the tsm client 4.1. Our tsm server is on 4.2 on the operating system
> Windows 2000 advanced.

As the customer wants full backup every day, what I have done is changed the
copy mode to absolute on that management class copy group. In the dsm.sys
file I have put in include statements to include the filesystems of that
client.

This is my what if logged in the file as you can see the pipfinbup (final
backup) does everything and the initial backup does not.....every night the
client runs a full initial backup before the batch job, once the batch job
is complete it runs a final backup

Please help.......

> /tmp> tail pipfinbup.20020821
>
> Total number of objects rebound:          0
>
> Total number of objects deleted:          0
>
> Total number of objects expired:          0
>
> Total number of objects failed:           0
>
> Total number of bytes transferred:     5.62 GB
>
> Data transfer time:                  747.82 sec
>
> Network data transfer rate:        7,882.94 KB/sec
>
> Aggregate data transfer rate:      1,676.35 KB/sec
>
> Objects compressed by:                    0%
>
> Elapsed processing time:           00:58:36
>
> /tmp> tail pipinitbup.20020821
>
> Total number of objects rebound:          0
>
> Total number of objects deleted:          0
>
> Total number of objects expired:         39
>
> Total number of objects failed:           0
>
> Total number of bytes transferred:     2.69 GB
>
> Data transfer time:                  385.59 sec
>
> Network data transfer rate:        7,332.56 KB/sec
>
> Aggregate data transfer rate:      1,368.79 KB/sec
>
> Objects compressed by:                    0%
>
> Elapsed processing time:           00:34:25
>
> /tmp>
>
> Lindy Crawford
> Business Solutions: IT
> BoE Corporate
>
> *      +27-31-3642185
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>  +27-31-3642946
         lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

WARNING:
Any unauthorised use or interception of this email is illegal. If this email
is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute nor disclose the
contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, BoE Ltd does not
accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.
For further details please see: http://www.boe.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm