ADSM-L

Re: Linux Backup

2002-08-22 05:40:07
Subject: Re: Linux Backup
From: Rafael Mendez <rafael_mendez AT STARMEDIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:24:14 -0400
Hi Lindy,
I think, your linux server is not in compliance with the requeriments for a tsm
4.1 client.
Check the followinhg link:
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adcllin.htm

Hope this helps.
Rafael
Madrid-spain
-------
to: "Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
cc:
date: 8/22/2002 3:00:05 AM
subject: Linux Backup

> Hi TSMers,

> > Yesterdays initial backup only backed up the "/usr" directory. This

> > morning final backup backed up all file systems.  [Crawford, Lindy]

> > Please could you assist me, the linux client - server is linux 6.5 and

> > using the tsm client 4.1. Our tsm server is on 4.2 on the operating system

> > Windows 2000 advanced.

> As the customer wants full backup every day, what I have done is changed the

> copy mode to absolute on that management class copy group. In the dsm.sys

> file I have put in include statements to include the filesystems of that

> client.

> This is my what if logged in the file as you can see the pipfinbup (final

> backup) does everything and the initial backup does not.....every night the

> client runs a full initial backup before the batch job, once the batch job

> is complete it runs a final backup

> Please help.......

> > /tmp> tail pipfinbup.20020821

> > Total number of objects rebound:          0

> > Total number of objects deleted:          0

> > Total number of objects expired:          0

> > Total number of objects failed:           0

> > Total number of bytes transferred:     5.62 GB

> > Data transfer time:                  747.82 sec

> > Network data transfer rate:        7,882.94 KB/sec

> > Aggregate data transfer rate:      1,676.35 KB/sec

> > Objects compressed by:                    0%

> > Elapsed processing time:           00:58:36

> > /tmp> tail pipinitbup.20020821

> > Total number of objects rebound:          0

> > Total number of objects deleted:          0

> > Total number of objects expired:         39

> > Total number of objects failed:           0

> > Total number of bytes transferred:     2.69 GB

> > Data transfer time:                  385.59 sec

> > Network data transfer rate:        7,332.56 KB/sec

> > Aggregate data transfer rate:      1,368.79 KB/sec

> > Objects compressed by:                    0%

> > Elapsed processing time:           00:34:25

> > /tmp>

> > Lindy Crawford

> > Business Solutions: IT

> > BoE Corporate

> > *       27-31-3642185

>  <<...OLE_Obj...>>   27-31-3642946

>          lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT
> za>

> WARNING:

> Any unauthorised use or interception of this email is illegal. If this email

> is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute nor disclose the

> contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, BoE Ltd does not

> accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.

> For further details please see: http://www.boe.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm

Obtin gratis tu cuenta de correo en StarMedia Email. !Regmstrate hoy mismo!.
http://www.starmedia.com/email