ADSM-L

Re: Help on a TSM bat file for NT

2002-08-07 13:36:08
Subject: Re: Help on a TSM bat file for NT
From: Jon Adams <Jon.Adams AT PREMERA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:37:14 -0700
When I set the date variable the way you did below, all I get is a variable
that says "dates".  I'm not entirely sure what scripting language you are
using but this is what I would use with NT Scripting\DOS Batch.  If you want
a date stamp in the log, try piping it.

Example (a single ">" overwrites the log):
DATE/T>> DRIVE:\PATH\FILE.TXT

Also, if you want even more detailed data for the log, put that same combo
at the end of your command statement. This sometimes gives you detailed
message returns, much more than a simple errorlevel capture (I use this a
lot).

Example:
dsmc Archive -archmc=36-MONTH-ARCHIVE -desc="Freight Archives for Monthend
>> DRIVE:\PATH\FILE.TXT

I hope this applies to your scenario and can help.