ADSM-L

Re: Question on Backups

2002-07-24 09:40:19
Subject: Re: Question on Backups
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:38:23 -0400
--
Environment:
SP Model 9076 (1 Frame w/ 7 nodes)
AIX 4.3.3 ML8
P.S.S.P 3.2
ptfset 8
TSM 4.1.5

3)  I have a couple of backups that appear to complete just fine (no failed
files), however when I do a 'q event' it shows the schedule as "FAILED" - I
can't figure out if I have a good backup or not?  Any ideas?

>> Depends on the client level.  What are the clients, and what is the
client release level?
if you don't know, on the TSM server you can do:  q node NODENAME f=d

4)  Anyone know what this message means?  Anything I need to worry about?  I
ask because it only seems to appear when #3 happens.

07/22/02 03:48:19     ANR8325I Dismounting volume I00013 - 3 minute mount
retention expired.

do:  q devclass CLASSNAME f=d

You will probably see that MOUNTRETENTION is set to 3.  That just tells TSM
when a tape isn't in use any more, wait 3 minutes then dismount it.  That's
normal.  If you have a fast library, you can change that to 0.
MOUNTRETENTION makes more sense when you have humans mounting the tapes
instead of robots.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert