ADSM-L

Question on Backups

2002-07-23 07:56:07
Subject: Question on Backups
From: Theresa Sarver <IFMC.tsarver AT SDPS DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:17:03 -0400
Hello All;

I've just been put in charge of administering Tivoli Storage Managers, and I
have a couple of quick questions as to what I'm seeing in one particular
environment.

Environment:
SP Model 9076 (1 Frame w/ 7 nodes)
AIX 4.3.3 ML8
P.S.S.P 3.2
ptfset 8
TSM 4.1.5

1)  I think the dsmsched.log has been set to overwrite itself? - I would like
it to append the data and then set the retention to keep 2 weeks worth of data
- how do I do this?  That's done in the dsm.sys - right?

2)    I'm seeing this message inplace of a "backup completed sucessfully"
message a lot of times, but not all the time...anyone have any ideas why - or
how I can get rid of it?

<< Message number 2507 not available for language EN_US >>

3)  I have a couple of backups that appear to complete just fine (no failed
files), however when I do a 'q event' it shows the schedule as "FAILED" - I
can't figure out if I have a good backup or not?  Any ideas?

4)  Anyone know what this message means?  Anything I need to worry about?  I
ask because it only seems to appear when #3 happens.

07/22/02 03:48:19     ANR8325I Dismounting volume I00013 - 3 minute mount
retention expired.

Thank you all in advance for your time;
Theresa