ADSM-L

Re: TSM storage problem

2002-07-10 17:30:00
Subject: Re: TSM storage problem
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:28:03 -0500
That's what I had thought also.  The people who set it up (set it up for
us while training us etc) said it didn't matter either.
If the licensing package was not installed can it be installed
afterwards?  There is an option to install the licensing package
(something like that.  It's not too clear on exactly what it's for) but
I don't want to screw up what I already have setup.

Even the sales rep that sold it to us said the licensing wasn't necessary.
Funky...

sim

Gerald Wichmann wrote:

To my knowledge, licensing doesn't matter. I have had many servers in the
past run for quite some time before I bothered licensing them and a server
here that continues to run without registering the licenses. It gripes about
being uncompliant in the activity log however no functionality has been
disabled. It will be interesting if indeed that's the problem as either I
was wrong or Tivoli changed it and made licensing matter. The thing with
licensing is all the license files are on the base cd so it doesn't really
know whether you paid for them or not. It would be easy for you to check if
this is your problem assuming you installed the license package/lpp's simply
by doing a "reg lic file=mgsyslan.lic number=1"  or however many you want to
license for the number parameter. Then do a "q lic" to see if it's
compliant.

But it does indeed look like that's your problem based on the definition of
that ANR.. looks like you found your problem.