ADSM-L

Re: TSM storage problem

2002-07-10 15:37:37
Subject: Re: TSM storage problem
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:35:35 -0400
Start a schedule for a node that fails.  When it fails then grab the actlog
for the time when it failed and the dsmsched.log from the client node.
If it's not obvious from that, then post segment of each here and we'll
take another look.

Remember to include specific versions of TSM server, client and OS
levels of each.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM 07/10/02 02:27PM >>>
so far ----
Checked cacheing.  It's off and has been off since it was installed.
There is only one storage pool which is 41% util.
This was working fine just a few days ago.  There was no changes done by
me (The only admin).
The max. mount point = 1 for most clients.  I didn't change or set this
so I'm kind of assuming this is the way it's been all along.  Since it
worked great before I don't know why it would cause a problem now.  What
is the recomended setting for this so as not to cause conflicts w/ anything?

The same error is coming up accross multiple policy domains (2 domains
setup to go to the same storage pool).
I finally decided that I just wanted to get it running as I am doing
some testing so I deleted the data for the largest node.  This didn't
help any even though the storage pool is now down to 19% util.

I'm really confused and irritated by this....

sim

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/10/2002 03:36:57 PM
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.