ADSM-L

Re: Migrating data from other applications

2002-07-09 08:13:00
Subject: Re: Migrating data from other applications
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alex AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:11:18 +0200
Restore the data, move it to a system on which a TSM client
is installed and start a TSM backup.
(assuming you still have access to the hardware/software
which was used to backup the data in the past)

Regards,

Alexander

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone have any tips on how they migrated their archived or 'long term
> retention' backup data from other backup applications?  We have multiple
> years worth of data and on various tape formats.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
>
> Brenda Collins,
> ING
> 612-342-3839

Alexander Verkooijen        (alexander AT sara DOT nl)
Alexander Verkooijen        (alexander AT sara DOT nl)
Senior Systems Programmer
SARA High Performance Computing