ADSM-L

Domino TDP leaves old databases

2002-07-09 08:14:02
Subject: Domino TDP leaves old databases
From: Holger Bitterlich <holger.bitterlich AT SK-KOELN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:12:48 +0100
Hi *sm`ers

the amount of data pertaining our Lotus Domino Servers is enlarging
enormous. The domino guys tell me that they can restore very old databases
although the domino db`s are deleted a long time ago. When we try to
restore such an old database which on the domino server has been deleted a
long time ago, we still see the last version of this db. How can this
happen ?
Since we backup  the transaction logs every hour there is a second problem.
The transaction log backups are retained - no deletion happened !
Why is no Log inactivated ?

We use TSM 3.7.3 on server side, and tsm 4.1.16 with TDP for Domino 1.1.2
on Client side.

Our translog backup  script  looks like this:

set domlogdir=c:\ssw\tivoli\tsm\log\online_nt_dom_tlog.log
domdsmc arch /logfile=%domlogdir%
domdsmc inactivate /logfile=%domlogdir%

The log output is:

Total Domino transaction log files ready for archive: 4
Total Domino transaction log files archived:          4
Throughput rate:                                      5,193.11 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                              268,439,552
Elapsed processing time:                              50.48 Secs
Tivoli Storage Manager
Tivoli Data Protection for Lotus Domino - Version 1, Release 1, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2001. All rights reserved.
License file exists and contains valid license data.
ACD5221I The C:\ssw\Tivoli\TSM\domino\domdsm.log log file has been pruned
successfully.
Number of Logs Inactivated: 0

The weekly online backup script is like that:

set logdir=c:\ssw\tivoli\tsm\log\domdsm.log
domdsmc selective * /subdir=yes /logfile=%domlogdir% >> %logdir%
domdsmc inactivate /logfile=%domlogdir% >> %logdir%

and the output reads like this:

Total Domino databases inspected:         4,433
Total Domino databases backed up:         4,433
Total Domino databases excluded:          0
Throughput rate:                          4,820.92 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                  99,557,318,730
Elapsed processing time:                  20,167.09 Secs
Tivoli Storage Manager
Tivoli Data Protection for Lotus Domino - Version 1, Release 1, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2001. All rights reserved.
License file exists and contains valid license data.
ACD5221I The c:\ssw\tivoli\tsm\log\domdsm.log log file has been pruned
successfully.
Number of Logs Inactivated: 0

Thank you !
--