ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Exchange 2000 Disaster recovery in AD

2002-06-20 09:23:46
Subject: Re: TSM and Exchange 2000 Disaster recovery in AD
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:21:59 +0200
Hi

The Exchange server will backup the adressbook and the information store.
The normal backup/restore client backups the the active directory. When
doing a restore, you first restore the files and system objects(AD), and
then restore the information store.

In this way, all the information from both Exchange and the AD will be
both backed up and restored when you choose to do so.

No, there is no brick level restore for TSM. However, some of my
colleauges have successfully used BackupExec NT/2000 client to backup
using brick-level to a TSM server. I haven't done this myself, however
they have told me that somehow you can configure the BackupExec client to
send data to the TSM server.

There has been rumors that Tivoli is working on a brick-level restore
client. How much of this is true, I don't know...

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
2002-06-20 14:47