ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino

2002-06-13 13:43:24
Subject: Re: TDP Domino
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:41:29 -0700
Del,
Here are the answers to the issues you mention.

>You should have a different DSM.OPT for your base client vs. your
>TDP for Domino client.  But you should be able to share the DSM.OPT
>file for all of your TDP for Domino processes.

We do have 2, one for each, each in a different directory. The one in the
domino directory is shared by the Domino processes.

>You do not want to EXCLUDE the NSF files in the DSM.OPT for
>the TDP for Domino process.

We don't have the EXCLUDE in the Domino DSM.OPT, only in the baclient
DSM.OPT.

>Are you referring to the "DOMDSMC INCREMENTAL" command?

Yes

>Does the TDP for Domino log show that it "examined"
>all of the databases?

Yes, see the log for the day before the change:

Total Domino databases inspected:         476
Total Domino databases backed up:         370
Total Domino databases excluded:          1
Total Domino backup objects expired:      0

Throughput rate:                          5,907.74 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                  60,699,043,840
Elapsed processing time:                  10,033.69 Secs

And the day after:

Total Domino databases inspected:         475
Total Domino databases backed up:         2
Total Domino databases excluded:          1
Total Domino backup objects expired:      1

Throughput rate:                          627.89 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                  1,641,472
Elapsed processing time:                  2.55 Secs

>Did you happen to turn on Domino server transaction logging?

It has been turned on since the implementation of the backups a month ago.
It did not change recently. The only thing that changed THAT DAY is adding
the EXCLUDE for the files. Here is how they implemented it in the baclient
DSM.OPT:

Exclude *:\notes\data\*.ft
Exclude *:\notes\data\*.nsf

Geoff Gill