ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino

2002-06-13 12:53:14
Subject: Re: TDP Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:51:46 -0400
> We, meaning the Notes guys, had got things working with the Domino agent
> recently. To backup the backups the nsf files were being backed up by the
> regular baclient till we figured out if the TDP we configured was working
> properly. On Monday we added an exclude to remove the nsf files from the
> standard backups and all of a sudden the Domino Monday to Friday
incremental
> backups went from backing up 300+ DB's to less than 10.
>
> Can anyone explain why this happened? We know for fact there should have
> been at least 100 db's that changed and should have backed up. Should we
> also have separate dsm.opt files for each of the 3 Domino type backups we
> have doing, archive, incremental and selective?

You should have a different DSM.OPT for your base client vs. your
TDP for Domino client.  But you should be able to share the DSM.OPT
file for all of your TDP for Domino processes.

You do not want to EXCLUDE the NSF files in the DSM.OPT for
the TDP for Domino process.

Are you referring to the "DOMDSMC INCREMENTAL" command?
Does the TDP for Domino log show that it "examined"
all of the databases?
Did you happen to turn on Domino server transaction logging?
Remember, if you have Domino server transaction logging
turned on, the database will not get backed up by the
DOMDSMC INCREMENTAL command unless the DBIID changes for the
database.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.