ADSM-L

Re: Last write date for disk volumes

2002-05-02 17:32:43
Subject: Re: Last write date for disk volumes
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:32:59 -0400
Tom, I am at the same level as you on OS/390 and get the same results,
which is goodness.  I think it is sloppy documentation.  The online help and the
pdf have all the fields filed in, such as %reclaimable, times_mounted, etc
which make no sense for a random access volume.

At 04:36 PM 5/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I manage a 4.2.1.9 server running under OS/390. When I run a 'query volume'
>command against my disk storage pool volumes the 'Approx. Date Last Written'
>fields are blank. When I execute 'help q v' the online help
>includes sample output showing a last write date for a disk storage
>pool volume. Am I the victim of sloppy code or sloppy documentation?

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.