ADSM-L

Re: Using a tape drive via network

2002-04-27 06:53:50
Subject: Re: Using a tape drive via network
From: Anton Gubarkov <Anton.Gubarkov AT SONY DOT RU>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 13:34:59 +0400
Matt,

I use ATL-500 OEM DLT library (IBM marketed). It is SCSI attached to the
TSM server. The problem is that the lib has no entry/exit ports and I have
to open it and load/unload carts manually. Then comes re-inventory - a
lengthy process. Every time I have to add/remove a cart. I'm looking to
alternatives to do DB and STG backups. I thought I could use RSM managed
standalone tape drive on the workstation of my colleague.

Re: Using a tape drive via network
Anton,

What tape drive/library technology are you using?

Matt

* internal.        7-430-3213
*   external.       020-7922-3213
* fax                020-7922-3302
* e-mail            Matthew.Thomas AT Lloydstsb.co DOT uk

Regards,
Anton Gubarkov.
IT Manager
Tel. +7 095 258 7626
Fax +7 095 258 7650
My certificate can be obtained at ldap://koi8.sony.ru
С уважением,
Антон Викторович Губарьков
Начальник отдела АСУ
Тел. +7 095 258 7626
Факс. +7 095 258 7650
Мой X.509 сертификат можно получить на ldap://koi8.sony.ru