ADSM-L

Re: root or sudo

2002-04-11 22:23:56
Subject: Re: root or sudo
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:10:30 -0500
If security is the issue, sudo is the answer.  If you are concerned about
the root account being somehow damaged so you can't log in that way (or
somebody changes the password on you), you could create another superuser
account.  In any event, you should always be prepared to boot the system
from CD in case the /etc/passwd file somehow gets erased (makes it really
tough to log in).  You can also reset the root password thereby.

William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
04/10/2002 09:07 AM