ADSM-L

dsmerror.log location.

2002-04-08 11:02:12
Subject: dsmerror.log location.
From: "Evans, William C" <william.evans AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:02:21 -0500
Folks,
  While I S.A. about 16 TSM servers I am not a TSM administrator and know
little about TSM other than how to install and config the client and how to
kick off the scheduler.  However, I am responsible for the scheduled backup
of these TSM servers to other servers and therein lies my dilema.  I am
finding my dsmerror.log files all over the place which makes scripting to
have them emailed to me every Monday morning a pain.  It was my
understanding that you set up the location for your dsmsched and
dsmerror.logs in your dsm.sys file along with their retention periods.  Is
there somewhere else that those locations can be set?  On those servers
where I'm finding these log files put in odd locations I find no entry in
the dsm.sys file that would put them where they're being found.
TIA,
Bill

Bill Evans, UNIX System Administrator
Phone: 719.535.4194
E-mail: William.evans AT eds DOT com
Pager: 1-800-759-8888  PIN 8775027415
Sametime Connect: c-bill.evans

 <<...OLE_Obj...>> ...the recognized global leader in ensuring clients
achieve superior value in the digital economy